UCPath is a systemwide initiative to align human resource, academic personnel, benefits and payroll services for more than 200,000 University of California employees. We are changing the way we do business with upgraded technology, standardized processes and a shared services center. Together, we are strengthening our foundation, achieving administrative excellence and preparing for future growth.
- The UC system currently has 11 separate and disconnected payroll systems, which limit our ability to share data and establish best practices across UC locations.
- Some of UC's current payroll technologies are nearly 40 years old. They are insufficient to support a complex employee population and changing business needs.
- The overall UC employee experience is inconsistent. Depending on individual campus resources, employees have varying levels of access to payroll, benefits, and HR information across locations.
UCPath Enhances the Way We Deliver Human Resources
UC recognizes that its human resource and payroll processes can be greatly streamlined and standardized across locations, resulting in more efficient operations and higher quality of service to employees. UCPath helps move us toward these goals through:
- One modern, shared technology across locations
- Standardized roles and responsibilities
- A shared services approach
- Manager and employee self-service
UCPath at UC Davis
UCPath will be deployed at UC Davis in 2018, following Pilot deployments at UCLA, UC Riverside, UC Merced and ASUCLA. To learn more about local efforts visit the communications page and sign up to receive the project newsletter.